Location: We have 7 Private remote ranches in North Texas and two ranches in Oklahoma for Hunting
North Texas area in between Whitt and Loving Texas.. guiding hunts since 2004. Please text or call so we can direct you to your lodging.The closest airport is DFW. We are approximately 2 hours away. Text for more info 940 456 0685
- All hunters must have a Texas hunting license. They are available at any Walmart in Texas.
- If hunting hogs only, you do not need a hunting license.
- You must have proof of hunter education
- You must have an archery endorsement if hunting with archery equipment
- Each hunter needs to bring heavy-duty plastic garden bags and provide to guide upon arrival (for meat packing/storage)
- Please No Check in after 7pm.
- Camouflage clothing for all conditions (rain gear).
- Bring flashlight (NO Spotlighting at stands).
- Night vision is allowed for hog hunting.
- .270 or larger caliber rifle is good for hog hunts. .223 is inadequate.
- Bring a large cooler and a cleaning knife.
- Spring turkey hunts only - No fall turkey hunts.
- We recommend each hunter brings binoculars.
- Bring large trash bags and paper towels for game meat.
- Each hunter needs to bring scent cover spray to the blind.
- Bring disposable (latex) gloves.
- For those flying in, you will need to rent a pick-up truck as you will be lodging on a remote ranch.
- Bow hunters: feel free to bring your favorite bow chair or stool.
- If booking in the Fall - bring portable heaters and propane bottles
- If you choose to arrive before your check-in date or stay later than your check-out time; please make alternate hotel reservations. We recommend BUTTERFIELD MOTEL in Jacksboro.
- RUT INFORMATION - The rut takes place in North Texas on the second Fall full moon phase in November. Not all does are bred in the same day and they have a cycle. The yearlings don't come into heat until late December. Technically, the "rut" take place from mid-November through even February 1st.
- If you cancel a hunt, your deposit will be held and can be applied to a rebooking. You have 12 months from receipt of deposit to rebook after which, the deposit will be lost.
- A 6% Texas State lodging tax will be applied to your lodging fee.
- Local taxidermy: Clear Fork Country Hunting Supply Store: 940-456-4420
There are no refunds on deposits under any circumstances (including loss of a loved one) - rebook only - No exceptions!
We do not accept checks.
Check-in is 12:30pm on the first day of your booked hunt - NOT the day before.
TAXIDERMIST - Triple-T Taxidermy 940.456.1243
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ!
There will be a 2.5% charge on any credit card transactions due to assessment and interchange fees.
Alcohol and Hunting - Don't do it! - Alcohol and firearms don't mix. DO NOT drink before your hunt or during your hunt.
Cabins should be cleaned accordingly and left in the condition in which you found them.
Skinning rooms should also be hosed out and cleaned after you use them.
Please do not waste game animals or meat. Do no leave meat behind or not attempt to butcher and process your kill.
Please note that if you change your hunting date, there will be a $100 charge
Please note that if you cancel and end up booking the next season/year, there is a $200 charge - but this fee will be applied to your new hunt balance.
Frequently asked questions:
- Blaze orange is not required.
- You're allowed to clean your own game at no cost or have your guide clean your game - $40.00 and up to $100.00 depending on size..
- We have no added charge per pound or trophy fees.
- The cabins have a fire pit and a charcoal grill.
- Our cabins are equipped with TV with dvd, stove, coffee pot, microwave, all bedding, heat and air, full size fridge, full size bathrooms with showers, towels and toilet paper.
- Taxidermy services available for deer and hog mounts (additional cost).
- Fly into DFW or Love Field and rent a car.
- Ranches are located 2 hours Northwest of Dallas, Texas.
- Bring food and drink. Local restaurants are 15 minutes from lodging.
- Make arrangements with airline to transport firearms.
- This is low fence, free range, fair chase hunting (no high fence).
- We do not sell hunting licenses. They are available at any Wal-Mart in Texas.
- Hunting license fees are subject to change from one year to the next
- Deep freezers available to store meat.
- We can pack and ship meat - just ask us.
- We recommend a minimum of .270 caliber for hogs
- Check-in is at 12:30pm the first day of your booked hunt - not the day before.
- one tom hunts are in May only